taro by Mouse, some rights reserved.
The origins of Polynesia is a subject of interest to me because I am also a migrant. Polynesians migrated to nearly all Pacific islands to form self sufficient communities. The Lapita Project followed migration to Fiji, Samoa and New Caledonia by building double hull canoes and sailing the 4,000 mile journey.
- ~ 5,000 B.C. Chinese mainland tribes arrived in Taiwan.
- Taiwan indigenous tribes travel to western Oceania and Melanesia.
- ~ 1,500 B.C. Lapita culture first appeared in the Bismarck archipelago.
- 1,200 to 1,000 B.C. The Lapita people travelled to Fiji and west Polynesia
- 1,000 B.C. Tonga and Samoa
- banana, and
Coconut by by *Brunna Peretti*, some rights reserved.
Domesticated animals included:
- dogs, and
Original article from Environmental Graffiti by Bennett.
Green sea turtle by motleypixel, some rights reserved.